Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grub Crawl - Downtown : Eden's Fresh Co, Schakolad, Starbuck's, Nature's Way

Eden's Fresh Co. - I purchased a small Daisy (bad romaine lettuce which was supposed to be field greens, strawberries, almonds and sun flower seeds with a strawberry vinaigrette) from this salad bar near Church on Orange (in the corner of the plaza) for $5 for dinner. It was ok. I did feel as though it was going to give me a cold soon after eating it. Does anyone not sneeze into a salad bar anymore? I feel like I take my health in my hands every time I try one of these. The place is very white. It is clean. It is uncluttered. It has nice light (big windows). It has a patio. it seats about 60. I would guess that it does mostly a take out business. I believe it is fairly new. But, I could never recommend a place that calls their add ons - "proteins".

Schakolad - I sampled 1 piece of a ganache and Irish Creme morsel for $.75. A great choice. I almost ran back for more. The Irish Creme was a little redolent of marzipan. It's on Orange near the Church and Orange intersection.

Starbuck's - I deplore this chain, but, it was on my route (a few doors down) so I popped in for a drink. I don't know how long the have been serving these little cake pops on a stick, but, it was good. I'm so ashamed. It cost $1.50. They only had Birthday Cake's left. The cake was very moist almost a praline. I approve.

Nature's Way - It's across from Starbuck's. I had that soda I now definitely required for $2. It's a Nature's Way. A clean and modern one.

And that may be all (have about 5 to go) for a while until they give Casey the chair and we can get our parking back. But, then there is the summer heat. It takes the fun out of meandering.

No comments: