Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leo's Diner, Downtown

I had lunch at this Home Style Comfort Food restaurant across from the B of A building on Orange yesterday. I had a turkey sandwich with fries for $7. It was a turkey sandwich. It was ordinary. Everything was passable. They did butter and grill the bun. I'm not sure if I liked that or not. It gave it some pizazz, but, it isn't exactly calorie conscious. Maybe they should let you know ahead of time. In any case, you are notified. The shoestring fries were ok. Some were a little under done. A mixed bag (pile). The service was (3) was attentive and polite. The place seats about 60 in an L shape with a counter. They added a few knick knacks to the old Detroit Joe's back drop. Maybe some new paint. The menu is straight diner. Only the greatest hits (limited menu). I don't know why, but, the name made me think I was going for Soul Food. The Home Style Comfort Food part. I guess that's Southern for diner. This is just a conventional diner (non-Greek) with a slight nod to some one's Granny. Not a destination. Burgers and sammies.

No comments: