Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grub Crawl - Winter Park (Aloma) : El Pueblo, Z. Enzo's Pizza,

On my way back from a failed attempt Friday at a Thai restaurant in the area (closed for vacation), I hit up two small fries for samples to go. I ate them for lunch the next day. They are in the same strip mall on the East side of 436.

El Pueblo - A great, little (30) native Mexican restaurant. It was clean. It had pastel murals and paintings of Mexican extraction on the walls. It was loaded with Mexicans (100%). I had a lengua (tongue) and barbacoa (shredded beef) soft taco. They were both very good. Very simple. Only a very minced tomato and onion salsa on both. And some cilantro. I would guess the style is southern/central Mexican from the decoration. The menu was not extensive. Each taco was only $1.50. They double tortilla'd the tacos. They seemed to be made of neither corn or white flour. Maybe a wheat flour? That would be a first.

Z. Enzo's Pizza - Kind of dirty, kind of boring pizza parlor. This isn't the best neighborhood. The slice was small. The crust was stale. They couldn't price it ($2) so you didn't get change. I can only see people who have no other option patronizing it. I do have a tip though (I've been forgetting to add those). Try a barbacoa (hell every Mexican taco meat) pizza. I put some of it on the slice and it was good. People love Mexican. Especially Mexicans. Jam their favorites on top of a pizza. If people can stomach the Hawaiian diet, they should have no problem with a Mexican invasion.

No comments: