Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good Eats Diner, Deltona

I had lunch at this diner on Deltona Boulevard on Wednesday. I had the Eggs Benedict Special for $6. It came with home fries (other choices included hashbrowns or grits). It was very good. The eggs were poached perfectly. The canadian bacon had a lot of flavor. The hollandaise sauce was fresh. The one flaw was that they kind of drowned the plate in hollandaise. I'm sure some believe that more is always better, but, sauce can be like salt. Too much can ruin a meal. Fortunately for me, I could clear away their generosity with my knife. The place is in a strip mall near a Wells Fargo. It's an old structure. It looks like most small town southern diners. Sort of grandma-esque. It has white walls that have red wainscoting (is it wainscoting if there is no wood involved?). There is a central, square counter with tables around the periphery. Not much decoration. It seats about 35. It was mostly full. The service was quick and polite. They serve mostly breakfast with some burgers and sandwiches. The craziest they get is liver and onions. I doubt you'll be in the area, but if you are, you could do worse.

No comments: