Friday, November 28, 2014

Thailicious, Longwood

I had lunch at this new (3 weeks) Thai restaurant in the old Bites Hot Dog location on 434 (near the hospital and Ronald Reagan) on Monday. I had some steamed pork and shrimp dumplings for $7 and Bangkok Chicken for $8. Both were very good. The dumplings (4) were "open faced", fairly large and seemed home made. The plating was nice. The Bangkok Chicken was fried (unbreaded) ala Orange Chicken. Not salty though. It came with a nice inverted bowl of decently cooked white rice. They also started me off with a simple salad. The place looks nice. It's bones are bad, but, they dressed the corpse. It's minimalist and modern. It seats about thirty, There were four other parties there at 2pm. The menu has lunch specials all around $8. You can still get apps and the dinner menu (more ambitious) at lunch. I think the menu topped out in the seventeens. It's a good representation of Thai cuisine. There are two other Thai places within half a mile, so, I hope the community can support them. If I remember correctly this may be the "fanciest" one of the bunch. It's run by a Thai family giving it their first try. I didn't see any rookie mistakes. Service was good (fast and polite). I recommend it if you live close by.

No comments: