Sunday, November 9, 2014

Rainbow Cafe, Parramore District

I had lunch at this coffee shop inside the Parliament House (motel/club) on OBT a week ago. It answers the question - why are gay guys so fit. It's not the party drugs that are depressing their appetites. It's the menu at the Rainbow Cafe. These guys had the nerve to advertise in My City Eats. It's not in that class of establishments. It's a sad coffee shop for a sad area of town. A double negative that doesn't equate to a positive. I had the safest thing on the banal menu - a cheeseburger. It cost $8. It was an obvious frozen hockey puck that was overcooked. The cook/owner was a black woman, so, the bun had to be buttered. Who (except Southerners) thinks that this is necessary or a value add? It's a pointless health hazard. The fries were coated with that junk that Burger King admitted they put on to please black customers. The accoutrements were not fresh. Service (1) was friendly, but, no refill. The place is ugly and smells of smoke. I couldn't wait to leave. Only one other person was there. I thought I might feel a little uneasy because of the location. The food was all I had to worry about.

No comments: