Monday, June 8, 2015

Mi Raza, Winter Park

I grabbed three things to go (dinner) from his Honduran/Mexican place on 436 in between Winter Park and Casselberry today. I went here once when it was a Peruvian place and then bypassed it for years when it was a bar under this name. It has been a restaurant again for one year according to the owners. Their English was almost non-existent, so, I could have mis-interpreted. I had a sopes with chicken and a papusa with pickled cabbage slaw for $2.50 each and a Honduran taco they call something like Carnacho (chicken flauta) for $3. All were good and home made right then and there. The sopes was loaded. It had a pan pizza like shape (a first). The papusa came with that slaw. The taco came with an odd variety of topping (sliced ham, avocado and shredded cabbage in a tomato salsa). They have the full Mexican assortment and around ten Honduran dishes. If I were to guess, I'd guess they are Honduran and added Mexican out of fear/necessity. The prices are great. Nothing over $10. They do B, L and D. It seats around 50. It has two pool tables and a stage. Not much in way of decor, but, it was clean. If I lived near here, I would eat here once a week. This area is turning into a little Central American food nexus.

No comments: