Monday, June 29, 2015

Pub Crawl - Metro West: Crafted and Pacific Rootz

I tried these two "neighbors" in that strip mall off Hiawassee Rd that has the Yard House on Saturday night.

Crafted - A... wait for it...new gastropuke... I mean pub. I only drank, but, the menu seemed very (ok compartively) intriguing. Watermelon radishes. Pave paotatoes. A "block" burger = filet mignon. Tasso. Sofrito. Etc. The place took over the Taquitos Jaliscos location. The people also run Embers. They did a nice job. High ceilings. Open floor plan. A few focus pieces. It has a big patio. There was a large communal table seated that night. I'm not sure if that was a special seating or not. They have a decent beer selection. They were serving a late night menu after dinner hours. I may even go back to try the food.

Pacific Rootz - A place only open after 5pm. They serve "fresh" kava drinks. They said it has a mellowing effect. I think this is a fad. They said their's is superior because the home make it from real roots (not powder - although I saw powder at the bottom of my bowl) from the Pacific Islands. It's a very rustic process. They keep the "juice" in old milk containers and serve it in miso soup bowls. They were making it on the side of the building (to the left of the main strip mall). They have 6 versions. Some affect the head more and some the body. I'm not sure what it did to me because I started drinking after. It numbed my tongue and did make me a little zoned out. They gave me the first bowl on the house then I came back for a nightcap for $5. They are mostly from Tonga. It might be worth it just to meet someone from Tonga. I think they have recently opened.


No comments: