Monday, June 29, 2015

The Whiskey, Sand Lake Rd

I had a Lassahn (owner's name) burger for $12 at this burger and whiskey-centric restaurant that takes the place of Cricketer's Arms. I had come to the area to try a Spanish place on Turkey Lake, but, it looks like that place has closed (no news on the net). The last thing I wanted was a burger. But, I have been to almost everything not annoying in the area and I needed to test this place out. The burger was really good. They didn't squeeze all the juice out of it and perhaps even under cooked it from the medium rare I asked for. The burger came with good cheddar and really good bacon. The bun may have been a little to big, but, it was fresh. The fries were good. I knew this place was all about burgers, so, I did that for you. I really wanted the $10 GC with pork belly or the $15 shrimp and grits. Those and a semi-expensive salmon are the non-burger/non app options. The burger selection is pretty much predictable. On egg one. A veggie one. Etc. They have a few nuances. The vibe is straight out of the Hard Rock Hotel (LV) - Eighties edition. Even all the customers seemed to be from that era. The definitely music was. They have memorabilia and posters of rock gods (mostly drinking whiskey) on the walls. The tones are very dark. They use wood for effect. It was pretty full. It sets about sixty. It's a rectangular lay out. Service was great. A real surprise. The concept is a bit stale in the bigger cities (est. around 2005), so, I can't go crazy over it. And I'm starting to loath gourmet burger places, but, at least they execute well. I guess that beats a ham handed attempt at the latest fad. I think they have been there for around six months. I can't believe the difference between this burger and the piece of shit I just had for the same price at the Tilted Kilt in Lake Mary.

No comments: