Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Loudmouth Burgers, Orlando

I tried this three month old burger restaurant today. In part to contrast it with the last post and in part to get it over with. You would think this place was right up my alley. It is on John Young just past Sand Lake. I saw it when I went to the Ritz a few months ago. It was offal. In that, that is what the meat tasted like. Offal. Pure liver. I don't know how you achieve that. If it is what is put in the grinder or if it is sign of age or contamination. It's not the first time this is happened to me. I guess there may be some logical explanation. I just wouldn't accept whatever it is. I had a mac and cheese burger because it sounded the least lame. It cost $8 and came with bacon bits and a chocolate chip cookie on the side. The mac had no flavor. Big tube pasta. Overcooked. The bacon was hard as rocks. The bun was ok. The patty size was big. It was machine made and probably frozen at some point. They served it very well done. It is a shame because they seem to want to be more than a fast food level restaurant. Even though they took over what was obviously a fast food locale (complete with drive thru) and the still make you order at a counter. The menu is five burgers (a spicy one, an egg one, a veggie one, etc), five chicken sandwiches, five-ish salads and french fries and onion rings. If you contrast them with SQ1, I paid what I should have paid there for a slightly worse burger. But, they added french fries for the four bucks difference. Here that would have been an extra $2. Still $2 up here. This place has less pizazz. Spartan and modern. But in an old fast food space. I remember white and black and maybe gray colors. They have one other outlet in Ohio. It seats about fifty. I had an ok sized crowd at lunch. Young'uns. I'd still pass unless you live close by.

Now it may be a few weeks before you hear from. Having strawberries and cream at Wimbledon and then....wouldn't you like to know. I hope I make it safely to the airport. I saw (on my way back from lunch) that the I-4 widening project had murdered some more people today and caused a log jam. Next time you see one of our illustrious leaders, ask them (for me) who has killed more people this year - them (through the widening) or the Pulse killer. I bet they wouldn't like to think of themselves that way.

No comments: