Friday, July 29, 2016

Mama Louise, Sand Lake Rd Area

I had plenty of time and free mileage on my rental car on Wednesday, so, I decided to drive down here and scratch these guys off the list. It is where Carriera's was on Dr. Phillips Blvd. I really wanted a pizza, but, I did Chicken Parmigiana with Spaghetti for $8.50 because I didn't want to wait. All the lunch prices are about half of the dinner prices. I think I know why. You get half as much. They lost my order. Only three parties in the restaurant at the time. The chicken part was mostly breading. The pasta was soggy. Probably pre-cooked and warmed in a bath so it becomes even more overcooked. Sauce was au naturel. It's a shame because while I waited I read some nice article on the owner and saw a table eat a nice looking pizza. They are trying to do a New Haven style experience here and I've been to some of those places like Frank Pepe's. The menu here runs from $10 apps (really sides) to $15 to $18 entrees. It makes no sense. A pasta dish is almost as much as steak or veal or chops. Pizza starts at $15. They opened in December. It looks the same. It seats well over a hundred. It has a band area and a patio. The bar was nicely stocked. If I ordered something else maybe I would be a little more enthusiastic. But, as these guys like to say - "It is what it is". At least it's not a chain and at least the worst you can get screwed for is $18.

No comments: