Friday, July 29, 2016

Urban Crave, OIA

I'm not sure if it is worth it (rating an airport kitchen), but, it will give me a chance to to slam two deserving miscreants. I ate here on my way to the UK three weeks ago. I forget which terminal. It is the one with the Chili's (or some chain that serves Mexican). We'll get back to them in a minute. I had a Cobb Salad for $13. It was ok. They had some ok wine and beer choices. It took forever to get a salad that seemed pre-prepped. Now to the meat of the article. The first slap goes out to the dimwit at Chili's that didn't seem to know how to seat people in a half empty dining room. She just kept adding names to an unnecessary waiting list instead of filling tables. Perpetrator number two gets its own paragraph.

Norwegian Air. Where do we start? Let's start with their (probably illegal) policy of requiring a return ticket or they won't fly you out. I asked immigration officials in London if this is their policy (maybe a terrorism issue) and they said "No". They claim they state this on their web site. I didn't see it and they let people buy one ways. I'm researching this and the complaint letters are already written in my head if they are lying or violating the law. So, I had to "cement" my plans at the counter and buy a higher priced ticket than I would have had to or I would have not been allowed on my flight. Not to mention all the pre-booked stuff that would have been lost. They also quoted the price before tax while representing that it was an after tax price. Then the red eye (already late night) flight was 90 minutes late. Because of incoming delays. It is their plane that was late (and my 4pm back from England was 90 minutes late as well). On the flight, only water is free. Not even a soda! And that is only served sporadically. Headphones, pillows, blankets all cost. Getting a confirmed seat costs. a carry on over 10 kilos costs. I didn't catch the weight limit, but, checked bags over a certain amount (like the guy in front of me) costs. The crew was all from Thailand. They barely spoke English. I'll bet that is some union run around. They don't have shades on the windows. The movie selection was sparse. I'm all for paying ala carte, but, they push the boundaries of acceptability.

No comments: