Monday, September 5, 2016

Bob's Family Restaurant, OIA Area

I grabbed an egg sandwich to go before catching a plane out of town at this greasy spoon in a strip mall off Hoffner and S. Conway on Tuesday. I would have written that it (and the place is general) is just another (good or bad) run of the mill, carbon coffee diner/coffee shop. However, there was a complication that erupted later that night which centered around irritable bowels for the next two days. Now, I am willing to consider that Jersey Mikes or Papa John's or Publix frozen chicken was the real culprit, but, I can't be sure and two of the others were a little too pre or post temporal. The sandwich itself is a mess. Literally. I tried to save them from themselves by swapping out the Texas Toast for a Kaiser roll. They just lacquered that (in butter/grease) instead. The eggs were scrambled (not fried). Scrambled in that horrible "here's a folded yellow wash cloth" way. Can you at least break them in half? One swipe of a ladle? It tried ham instead of bacon or sausage because they said it wasn't just the sliced ham they make sandwiches out of. Wrong. The cheese was scant (1 slice) and indiscernible. It came with choice of potatoes. I ordered the home fries on another recommendation. They were greasy and under cooked. The meal cost $7. I believe that is 4 Egg McMuffins (on sale). I'd take the McCompetition on volume/value alone. How about you keep the potatoes and cut the cost in half? Only every other restaurant does it that way. I don't want to think what the cost to my health was. They close at three. They are closed on Monday. They menu is reductive like I said. Went here to give a pity fuck and got what I deserved. Karma is a bitch. Not because it punishes you retro-actively if you do wrong, but, because it punishes you up front when you do right.

No comments: