Friday, July 28, 2017

Ace Cafe, Downtown - Closed

I tried this place out a week ago. It parallels I-Sore at Livingston Street (Lynx Station). It is purportedly the first American cousin of a famous biker bar outside of London. It is huge. It has two levels. It is in the class of a Planet Hollywood/Hard Rock. It is a bar and restaurant. It has entertainment (music and games). The decor and layout is industrial. The menu is predictable(for a franchise play) and limited. Think burgers and sandwiches and finger foods. They have four "dinners". However, they are regurgitative fare like meatloaf. I had a chili app because I had already eaten lunch and the menu didn't thrill me. I expected breakfast items for some reason. The chili had some chunks of beef in there, but. was nothing to bike home about. I would come here alot for the bar end of things if I lived or worked close by. They even have free parking. They have a relationship with some bike-centric apparel (etc) company next door. It's a destination spot for downtown because of the history/reputation, the provenance of the spot (the old Edge) and the size of the space. You can bring the whole family because A. they will fit and B. it's not that kind of biker bar. Open for lunch too.

No comments: