Monday, July 17, 2017

The Gourmet Muffin, Audubon Park - Closed

I tried this new bakery across from Sushi Lola Saturday afternoon after my meal on Mills. It was a blessing. We all know I don't have a sweet tooth, but, I must have been having my male menstruation because I woke up NEEDING sweets. Sweets that I didn't get at breakfast. I bought 4 $1 "bites (lemon, blueberry, strawberry and chocolate with toffee or something) and a banana and chocolate chip muffin for $3. If I compare the muffin with the banana empanada I paid $3 for at breakfast, I want to yell I suck Olive Cock Bars and jihad the empanada place. This muffin was L to the E to G to I to the T. No sticky sweet icing dunce cap. The "batter" was more "stretchy/glutinous" than a cup cake "batter". Like a pop over. It tore. It didn't crumble. And there must have been 40 grams of chips in it. It was half chips!. A huge cupcake (may have been a muffin now that I think about it) by today's standards. The "bites" were covered in "crumble" and two had powdered sugar as well. They have other locations (ie Ocala, Gainesville, Lakeland) in Florida. I think they might be the best bakery I can remember trying around here. A limited/manageable selection that is still has a lot of variety. Great quality. Great prices. They even had some "sandwiches". The last thing the world needed was another sweet shop, but, I'm glad we don't stop at need.

No comments: