Monday, July 10, 2017

Hops Boss, Winter Park

After trying a failing to find a new brewery called Whipporwill in the Milk District on Friday night, I thought I'd see if these guys were finally open. Yes, they were. Been open for two weeks. They are in the old Hotto Potto space in that strip mall at Fairbanks/Aloma and 436. They are owned by a Ukranian who hired a countryman to make light, euro style beer. I tried what they had so far - Pilsner, Wheat, Porter or Stout. Dark Honey and Light Honey. I settled on the Dark Honey. It was sweet. Little carbonation. Probably little alcohol. It cost $6. It was good. The other non-honey beers seemed a little weak/watery for my neo-American influenced palate. Maybe that is good. Most of the breweries around here (and country wide) are churning out similar tasting stuff. We kind of need an old world reminder/supplier. They will also serve East European/German food. They remodeled. I believe they do lunch. Odd name for a place where they probably have the least hop forward beer. Friendly service.

No comments: