Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New City Cafe, Lake Mary

I had lunch here on Monday. It is in that City Hall Square on Lake Mary Blvd. It is in the space that last housed Croissant Gourmet. They said they have been open for seven months. It seems exactly the same. The menu too. I remember sweets, sandwiches, hot drinks and I think crepes and breakfast. I had a Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich for $9. I'm surprised it didn't make me ill. The chicken was so hard and plastic-y that I wouldn't be surprised if they made it (or bought it) before Christmas. And they used every disgusting part of the chicken. I think I experienced skin. Cartilage at least. Talk about New Jacked City. They added no nuts and the fruit was scant. The side salad was the better part of the deal and I think they use grape seed oil in the dressing. It was so clear that it might have been lighter fluid. They even "buttered" the toast. Why? Do you think low quality margarine tastes good with curry? Do we need the extra calories? Nine bucks is also a bit presumptuous. I don't think I'll give them a second look. Too many warning signs.

*I also grabbed a small pizza at Flipper's (next door). I think I reviewed the Sand Lake one a while ago. If not, it's not worth the money. They aren't better than Domino's and I think $7 gets you a bigger pie or two.

**I want to submit a possible menu item to all the chefs out there. It's a solution to the muffin stump conundrum. What if we put a scoop of ice cream on top of the stump? And maybe cover it with a chocolate shell? And I guess it could alternatively be top with muffin top for a crazy ice cream sandwich. Maybe a cup cake ice cream sandwich as well?

No comments: