Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Choulala, Winter Park - Moved

I grabbed three chou on my way home on Saturday. They list a place on Park Ave on their lit, but, I stopped at the place on 436 (north of Aloma). I forget when they opened. It can't have been too long ago. They make these little, round, custard stuffed pastries called chou. They taste like eclairs. They are the size of a golf ball. They were brought to France by Catherine de Medici. Choulalala offers twenty four "icings". I had three. Dark Chocolate. Milk Chocolate. Chesnut. I think the fillings were all the same. A brown custard. Probably chocolate based. I ate them too fast to tell. They cost $3 a pop. They were tasty. They push you to sample. I declined. They said it was part of the business model. I'm not sure if they limit you to one, but, that can be considered when you evaluate the cost. The owner says he had a shop in Del Rey. He's ours now. They also serve gelato and coffees. It's a nice change from the macaroon onslaught. If I was more of a sweets guy I would be a regular. I still will be an "occasional". They open at ten am and close at six pm. Also great as gifts. See how long it takes you to "get" the name.

No comments: