Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Uncle Julio's, I Drive

I had lunch at this "aspiring" Mexican restaurant under the shadow of the Ferris wheel last Saturday. By "aspiring" I mean they aspire to be high end. And like most "aspire-ers", they have the veneer but not the grace. I forget if it is a chain or not. It might as well be. Let me ask you. If you pay $16 for a salad, should you get more than 4 ounces of tuna and fresh greens? If you answered yes you can skip (or since Blogger does it chronologically - you can re-read) to the next post. I knew a salad was pushing it in a Mexican restaurant, but, I was hung over and had two forms of Mexican the day before. The tuna sounded nice and nonthreatening. As did the avocado. The tuna was without "dental floss'. That was good. Also not embarrassingly pale. But, there was just too little of it in the end. Same with avocado. They even chintzed on the dressing. One ramekin. And I told you that the mixed greens were wilted. My buddy had three lifeless tacos for around $13. These guys opened in July. It looks nice. It's big. They have a guac station. The menu is expansive. The service is fine. The food just isn't "fussed" over. It's a grind it out sort of place. Or at least our meal was. You can "do" at least the same if not better at a number of other places.

No comments: