Monday, February 12, 2018

Pizzeria Roberti, East Curry Ford Rd Area - Closed

I tried this NY Style pizza parlor at dinner last week. It is in a strip mall behind a gas station that is at the intersection of Curry Ford Rd and South Chickasaw Trail. I grabbed a regular pie to go for $13. It was good. A bit too Americanized (mostly because of the cheese), but, better than most. The base was thin. The crust was restrained. The chew was good. No bubbles. The cheese was distributed evenly. The sauce was a bit salty. The pie was large. The owner/chef told me he uses a flour (not double zero) from some manufacturer that I can't remember. It was a good sign that he knew. He said he uses San Marzzano tomatoes for the sauce. I would guess he uses canned SMs. I would have preferred that he left them as is. No seasoning. I would also have liked a better quality of cheese. And maybe a little basil and olive oil. However, that is more of a European style. I think pizza is all the do. They had a few interesting combos/riffs. However they started approaching the $20 mark. They sell slices at under $3. I was going to go that route, but, I figured I owed it to you to try a fresh pie. The place is small. it seats about a dozen. It is new. It looks trendy enough. The chef/owner is a young kid from suburban Queens. His last name is Roberti. The place has been open for around seven months. It's the sort of pizza that I think most people would really enjoy. My shuttle driver at the airport did. I couldn't eat it all myself. I tried. They are closed on Sunday and Monday.

*There is also a little gastro pub in this mall.

No comments: