Monday, July 23, 2018

Mo-Chica, I Drive

I had lunch at this Peruvian restaurant at the intersection of I Drive and Kirkman three weeks ago. It's in a location that most recently had a disappointing pizza place if I remember correctly. The interior is much the same/ They added a few murals. I had their salmon with risotto for $20. I kind of knew it would suck and I wasn't disappointed. The salmon was fishy smelling, dry, old and a small cut. The risotto was (over) flavored with pesto. It was also overcooked. Most seafood options are at this price point or higher. The whole menu is overpriced. Even the lunch "specials" are $10 and don't come with a side or anything. They discontinued the rotisserie chicken. I'm guessing it was too much of a bargain at $8 for a quarter. They think they are high end. They better hire more qualified cooks and ingredient purveyors if that is their ambition. I suspect they will join the long line of failures that have occupied this space. How they have survived for a year is a mystery. Now that I have wasted my time going here, I'm sure the kiss of death is in the air. There were two other tables eating while I was there. They seem to be focusing on seafood. They have ceviche and tiraditos. Some beef and chicken dishes. They are named after some ancient Peruvian peoples. Mo Chica, Mo Problemas.

No comments: