Tuesday, July 3, 2018

This Little Piggy, Winter Garden

I went to this bbq stall at the Plant Street Market tonight. I grabbed a half pound of brisket to go because I found the prices out of line. They want $12 for a pulled pork sandwich. $14 if you want sides. And that is the cheapest option. A brisket sandwich (solo) is $15. Pork rinds are $9. The kids menu start at $9!. The brisket cost $9. To add insult to injury, it was half uneatable. Unrendered fat and sinew. The other half was dry. They over salt it as well. I tried their berry hot sauce. The salt activated the areas of my taste buds that react to heat. It made the sauce burn. Bad marriage. I knew I was in trouble when they started to chop the brisket. In my mind this a clear sign of embarrassment. An attempt to hide the inadequacies of the cook into a jumble of junk. They are in the lower tier of local bbq. Not even the best on their block (one competitor). They opened in January. And we could have done without that. Aside from the listed items they really only do ribs as well.

*Three or four new places have opened in WG. Two in a new building aside the market. A taco place (4 Loco?) and a steak place (Mathew's).

No comments: