Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Wine By George, Disney Springs

I had lunch at this wine bar a week ago. It is next to the Irish place. I had the steak frites (flank or skirt) for $19. I could have gone with a lower priced (low teens) sandwich, but, I wanted to have some idea if they can cook. The steak was good. Properly cooked. A fair portion. The fries were plentiful and good. It was topped with a sautéed onion "gravy". I saw two of their sandwiches being eaten and they looked good (big). They only have the steak, sandwiches and some "bites". The bites are almost as expensive as the sandwiches. The menu is the same for both meals. As such, I wouldn't recommend this as a dinner destination. Too bad for us. The wines seemed to be three to four times marked up from retail. The list is pretty large and they have some "celebrity" vineyards. They sell them in 1oz, 3 oz.... sizes. They also have a big spirits selection. The place is two levels. A balcony on the second level. The look (if I remember correctly) was grey wood with black accents. Kind of cramped/cozy. The bar is on the ground floor. They have a take out menu with a few different options (food and wine). Service was good and the food came out fast. It seats about seventy. I think they opened last summer. I liked it. I wish they had a larger menu. I'll drink my wine at home though. It's way more sensible. By George I think he's onto something.

No comments: