Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Equilibre, Lake Ivanhoe/Antiques District

 I tried this little place last Wednesday at lunch. It's a sandwich, sweets, smoothie, juice place. Maybe coffee. It's the last spot on the block. Across from Washburn Imports. White, one story building. They opened two years ago. Open 11-6. I grabbed a turkey club to go. It cost $10. I tried it on wheat. I wasn't expecting much, but, it was way cute. Not bad tasting either. Kind of a girl's version. Single slice of turkey, sprouts, cherry tomatoes, crisp bacon, avocado and a spicy remoulade-ish spread. Thick. Hard to eat while driving. Slippery sucker. Didn't the whore in Pretty Woman say that? They also serve roast beef, salmon, tuna and three or more sandwiches. Salads too. Juice and smoothies cost almost as much as the sandwiches. Too rich for my blood. The place is run by Brazilian women. I saw three. The sandwich took a little while to appear. I forgave them when I saw that it wasn't slapped together. The to go bag and box must have cost them a buck. It's a small space. Just room for four people to order. They have a small patio. Not bad. 

*The next post will be in a few days and have notes from a Gulf Coast and Keys jaunt.

No comments: