Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022 VRBO Florida Citrus Bowl, Downtown

I'm going to do this one day out of order because you don't care about this one. I drove down around 11am. No traffic. Parked on Church St at a private nursery type parking lot near the soccer stadium. It cost $10. Any closer was double. Near the stadium was $30-$40. A person in the lot right next to the entrance said they pre-paid at $140. Game started at 1pm. Kentucky versus Iowa. Went to ticket booth on lake side. I think you can only buy a walk up on game day. I bought a ticket in the second level in the end zone for $60 something. Same as when I checked on the first day they went on sale. No line. They said it was the cheapest. Hard to believe when the 300 level had people in it. Maybe those are student only tickets? My biggest issue is with the digital ticketing. I queried the "help" kiosk (because I hate being at the mercy of my phone) and they said that if your phone goes dead or if you have an issue with the ticket (one couple had no bar code) you are basically screwed. They can't print diddly. You can get a printed ticket through will call if you do it way in advance. I saw some physical tickets. I'll never get why they think a one size approach is good business. It defies the defined rules of sales. The lady who sold me the ticket claimed it would be texted. Kind of. They texted a link that you needed access. Why they can't just text that is beyond me. I had it done at a Milwaukee Bucks game. The stadium had a decent wifi network. Not that hard to access. Just had to give your email. You probably can use a fake one. It didn't refer back to it for anything.When I tried to get in, the sunlight made it a total pain to scan. I just love how technology makes things simpler. They had a few food stalls and distractions out back. Inside they had 4 River, Little Caesar's, Mooyah and some other things. A dog was $5. Soda was just over $5. 4 Rivers was trying to get $15 for a sandwich. Some merch. Great weather. Good game. Great  time. Left with 7 minutes remaining and had no traffic leaving. Kentucky brought more people. That was surprising. They said 50,00 plus attended. Glad I finally did it.

No comments: