Monday, April 24, 2023

Alez Caribbean Cuisine, West Colonial (50)

I tried this spot in that large shopping area I call Chinatown at dinner last Monday. It was not plan A. I believe it is Haitian. I had the fried chicken platter for $18. Way too expensive. Seana's is much less. It was three unbreaded drumsticks, a pound of black wild rice, a bad lettuce and tomato salad, spicy onion salad and whatever they call tostones. I tossed the rice because I was leaving the next day. Tostones and drums were ok. Side of Ranch and some spicy orange sauce with cloves. They only had a few other versions of this meal. One slow cook. No server. You need to speak French. Shabby interior. A mouse trap may have been on cushion. Haitian music videos on tv. Every plot/song seemed to be aimed at keeping girls from becoming prostitutes. I only, hesitatingly, went because I hadn't before and I am running low on possible encounters. I almost passed by Pigzza, but, thought it wouldn't be open. It was. Sacre bleu!

No comments: