Monday, April 10, 2023

Grub Crawl - College Park and Lake Ivanhoe: Turci Pasta and Ivanhoe 1915

I tried these spots at dinner last Monday. The first is on Edgewater near Princeton. The second is on Orlando near Princeton.

Turci Pasta - It was Trevi pasta. Some Brazilian partner made it more of a restaurant a few years ago (2019). It ended up being pretty high end. I tried one of the lower priced off ramps to go. It might have been an app.  Gnocchi au Gratin for $13. It was really good. Delicate gnocchi. Tasty cheese and cream sauce. Big portion. They have a $50 prix fixe. I think lasagna was $44. Around eight apps and eight mains. Mostly pasta. Expensive.  They also sell uncooked pasta. Seats about 40. Dressed up staff. Odd layout. Small front room with rectangular hall on left side. I believe they open for lunch at 1pm. I was very impressed.

Ivanhoe 1915 - Not a year. The address. Was another gay bar a while back. This for a year. Exactly the same. Now they do a moderate lunch plus snacks at dinner. Just grabbed a hot dog with chips for $4 because I was less than impressed with the options. They have some relationship with Savoy. Not my scene, so, not certain of what is going on here. You can ignore them. 

No comments: