Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bravissimo, Orlando - Closed

I had dinner at this Italian restaurant outside Thornton Park last night. It's a good thing for you that it's almost impossible to find. I had an antipasto plate for $10 after viewing the sliced nova they try to pass off as carpaccio. The eggplant and mushrooms were so saturated with balsamic vinegar that they ruined my glass of wine with they after taste. I had the Penne della Casa at $13 for an entree. It took them an eternity to bring it out. Which makes sense since the penne was wiltingly overcooked. The sauce (peas, pancetta, onions, tomatos, cream) was alright. The service was uneven. The place has no parking. It looks like an old tavern that they tried to gay up with art (not Italian art either). The clientele was a nightmare. I sat next to a group of Jewish women who could not shut up about their children or infirmities. Are any Jews not health obssessed? I thought you went out on Friday night with your husband to forget your domestic duties? On my left was a group of bears in which one of the table said he hadn't had a good meal in Orlando for 7 months. He felt good about this place after trying his Caesar salad (followed by Lasgana). There's nothing as depressing as a uncultured, pedestrian gay. Across from me was a family birthday party. Complete with noisy children and old people. I had such a headache after I left this dump that it took 3 vodka shots to recover.

I advise them to go out of business.

No comments: