Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hamburger Mary's, Church Street

I've been itching to write this review since in entered this burger joint and sat down onto a cushion full of crumbs. I just hopeful that the Church Street malaise will claim this atrocity shortly. I had the BJ Burger for $9.95! It was a burnt (supposed to be medium rare), tasteless, anemic patty that some moron had pressed all his weight into (no juice). Did I mention it was 10 bucks! I know it was abused in this fashion because it came split in sections. It had guacamole (teaspoons worth) and two strips of bacon. The side of potato salad originally came as a side of slaw (Sounds alike, right?). It was delivered in about 25 minutes (needed to overcook it) by a second waiter who was called upon to replace my original waitress disappeared into the kitchen for the said 25 minutes without ever checking in or delivering my much needed beer. The place was almost empty. Needless to say, I ate the meal in apprehension that they had given my food some extra attention. The place is also so very gay friendly that you get a weird vibe. Now I have nothing against men who love men or women who love women, it's just uncomfortable being in that environment. It's like a Felini film for us hetero's. As noted earlier, the place was dirty under it's veneer and the service was bad. The place relies on it's design, theme and it's gay delineation to the detriment of management, quality and value. I would never go there again.

No comments: