Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grub Crawl - Winter Garden : Scoops, Sweet Traditions, NYPD Pizza, Caribbean Sunshine, Taquitos Jalisco, Uncle Kenny's BBQ

Scoops Ice Cream, Winter Garden Village - A very good and large Cappuccino flavored Ice Cream with toffee and chocolate pieces. Perfectly priced to come out to $2 with tax. Friendly service. I ordered one scoop, but, probably got two. Cute, old timey creamery space.

Sweet Traditions Bakery and Cafe, Winter Garden Village - I got a Brie Quiche for $3,50. I nuked it for dinner. Still good. They have a patio and a long narrow inside. They have all kinds of confections. Nice staff.

NYPD Pizza, Marsh Road Strip Mall (near Stoneybrook West) - I asked for a cold slice for $2. Might have been wiser to have it heated. It was thin. The crust was nice. Cuter than the Winter Park space.

Caribbean Sunshine, March Road Strip Mall - I tried a a fish (dried cod) pasty or empanada for under $2. It was fine. The service was accommodating. They have events on the weekend.

Taquitos Jalisco, a strip mall on 50 and Dillard - I had a luengua (tongue) soft taco for $1.50. I was alright. It could have been a little more tender. Smaller than their place in Hiawassee.

Uncle Kenny's BBQ/Maryland Fried Chicken, 50 - I had a Pork Basket for $7. The pulled pork sandwich was good. I would go without the side. The mac and cheese was small and tasteless. Save the $2 and go with the sandwich alone. They had a lot of economical daily specials.

No comments: