Sunday, October 16, 2011

Chai Thai, Orlando

I had lunch at this Thai restaurant on South Orange across from the SoDo living area on Wednesday. I had Chicken in Green Curry with a Spring Roll and Salad for $8. It was good. The salad was similar to a Japanese salad. Cheap iceberg lettuce with a grated ginger dressing. The spring roll was the same as it is everywhere. The curry was good. I think they like to make it hot because my "weak" even had a little punch. The chicken came with red and green peppers, carrots and bamboo shoots. It was served in a bowl. You moved it to your plate of basmati rice to eat. It had good flavor. The place seats about 80. It is booths and tables. It was about one third full. It sounded like they had a lot of regulars. The staff was great. Very hospitable and engaging. Everything came out fast. I think it is a family (Thai) affair. The decor is fair. The walls are yellow with sectional wall art. The weak spot is what is below and above. The ceiling clashes and seems a little dirty. I'm surprised because I thought it was a brand new building. I think this is a fine place to get Thai from a bunch of really friendly people. I wouldn't make a special trip, but, if you are in the area feel safe choosing this spot. They even have a few Chinese dishes. I wonder if that is why it is called Chai - Chinese Thai. Chai is an Indian drink so that makes less sense.

No comments: