Friday, October 7, 2011

Havana Cafe, Downtown (Closed)

I ordered two things to go at this Cuban cafe on the south side of the Suntrust building this Wednesday. I had a Cuban Hot Dog for $2 and a Pan Con Bistec for $5. The hot dog was microwaved in a bowl of water and looked and tasted like it. The baguette (the one they use for sandwiches) it came on was a step up from a bun. They put potato sticks and a sour Mojo (Mojito) sauce on it. It was a refreshing change of pace hot dog wise. The steak sandwich was thin slices of beef similar to what is used in a cheese steak. Sometimes this sandwich can be a big hunk of flank steak. I like it this way even if it may be less traditional. Less chewing and gristle. It also came with potato sticks and Mojo sauce on it. It was pressed. I enjoyed it very much. The place really doesn't have seating. You order and eat outside in the atrium or at your office. They serve breakfast. They have soups, complete meals, coffees, desserts and sandwiches. Two cute, young sisters work the place. It was better than I expected. I wouldn't ignore it if I work or live in the area. They have been open for a few months.

No comments: