Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ethos Vegan Kitchen, Winter Park

I had a Hippie Wrap (hummus, sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes, banana peppers, and lettuce in a spinach tortilla to go at this vegan kitchen on Fairbanks on Thursday. It cost $7. It was fine, but, possibly the only thing on the menu that is palatable (did you know the palette is the roof of your mouth) to me. It is all that fake meat and vegetable nonsense. I think I've discovered why this (really) appeals to a certain segment of society. The people that eat this way are sickly. They obsess about their health because it has always been suspect. As such, the answer to the "what do all the "emo's" and neurotics do when they grow older" question is - they work at Ethos. The place is nice. A step up from their old location on N. Orange Ave (now closed). I think I went their pre-blog. I mean I know I went there, but, it was pre-blog. It must seat 100+. It has that unfinished, industrial look (exposed everything) with farmy knick knacks. They have a long bar on the back wall. I saw a turn table, so, I guess they do douchey "events" at night. The crowd was surprisingly mixed. There were some suits in there with the co-eds and pierced chubby guys in camo shorts and black t-shirts with a wool berets. Look, it's not my kind of place, but, it seems to be run well. I've had my share of girlfriends who tried to stay skinny...err...I mean "healthy" going to places like this so I am familiar with the lifestyle. I guess I should be grateful they serve pizza. I've been left with fewer options. Try it or don't try it. I'm too weak from lack of meat to care. 

No comments: