Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Texas de Brazil, I Drive

I had lunch at this Brazilian Steakhouse last Friday. It's near Fun Spot. The buffet costs $27. It is only open for lunch on Fri-Sun and Friday is the cheapest day. It was fine. Actually better than I expected. They said the "cold" buffet had sixty items, but, really only a few were worth sampling. I had shrimp in a tasty pesto sauce, some smoked salmon, some manchego cheese and some salami. I was most surprised that the majority of the shrimp were not mushy and had a little snap. I think I tried one piece of all the things they bring to you on a sword. I remember filet mignon, bacon wrapped filet, pork sausage, chicken sausage, parmesan pork, chicken, sliced pork and I'm sure there was more. The meat could have been of better quality. Parmesan does not work with pork. I don't know who eats the limp, half cooked bacon. I know they use it for lean cuts of meat, but, can't you toss it before you serve it? The service was fine. I still don't know why I need a waiter when either I'm getting my food or someone else is bringing it to me. They did try and hose me with a service area adjacent seating assignment. I kind of understand because most seating was for four and up, but, I still have to bitch. Who's to say the guy in flip flops isn't a mover and shaker. I must take time out to remind everybody that only poor people (social climbers) dress to impress. Those with means (for at least more than one generation) do not care what you think of them. They also do not carry their life savings in the wallet. Back to the review. The place is huge. It must seat 200+. The place has a bar area, a private room and a dining room that is intersected by the cold buffet. The decor is mix of iron (chandeliers) and backlight marble. The wine "cellar" and the kitchen are enclosed in glass an visible to the diners. The wine selection was substantial. It's a fine place. We used to go to other outposts on the company dime back in the day. It's that sort of place. It attracts the convention set. And fat people. Saw a lot of fat people. Or are they just called "people" now. Has everyone given up? I don't have anything bad to say about this place. It's fine. It may be a little pricey if you aren't fomented with gluttony. I don't think I would struggle to go back, but, it's off the list - finally.

No comments: