Sunday, December 16, 2012

Grub Crawl - Orlando: Teolinda, NY Chinese, Broadway

I stopped by these restaurants in the Century Plaza (436 and Curry Ford Rd) a few weeks ago. I bypassed a Mexican place that may be safe for lunch, but, turns into a sketchy bar at night. I had everything to go. It's not the most inviting area of the city.


Teolinda's Bakery and Cafe- I had some sort of pastry for around $2. I can't remember what now. It was fine. The place is a little, oldish deli whose greatest attraction may be that it serves Ecuadorian dishes. Didn't try any. Nor do I have much experience with this cuisine. You can eat in too.

NY Chinese Restaurant - I'm not sure what makes it NY? It seemed to cater to Hispanics (menu also in Spanish and Latin dishes). I had an egg roll. It was fine. I think it had pork in it. Typical drab take out spot. It had some tables.

Broadway Ristorante and Pizzeria - It looked like a place you would find in small town America. Earth tones and wear. The Chicken Parm was good.

No comments: