Monday, February 4, 2013

Arepas El Cacao, I Drive

I had an Arepa with potato salad, shredded chicken, shredded pork, cheese and quail eggs for $5 from this food truck on I Drive on Saturday. It's only open at night at 5565 I drive near the Peter Glenn ski store. I thought I was just ordering a quail egg sandwich, but, they gave me this. I'm not sure, but, I think this is called the El Cacao special. Anyway, it's a hot, delicious mess. So huge. Instant drunkenness stabilizer. Awesome. Find this. The parking lot was full of ex-pats enjoying this Colombian/Venezuelan fare. It was like a little block party. They also have cachapas (sweet corn cakes). I think you can get individual toppings (varied) for less money. It may help to speak Spanish. But, even misunderstandings turn out delicious.

No comments: