Sunday, April 28, 2013

Clancey's Cantina, New Smyrna Beach

I had lunch today at this Mexican restaurant on Flagler Ave. I had the Wild Bunch for $14. It was a chicken flauta, cheese enchilada, tamale and taco al carbon (steak). The flauta was thick, but, the tortilla tasted odd. It's like they fried it with all the other dishes they serve or the oil is old. The enchilada or tamale had beef on it. It gave me a sharp pain when I ingested it. I let it be. Probably rancid. The tamale's corn base was not cooked long enough. The taco was wildly salty. I didn't touch the beans and rice. The place sits about eighty. It was probably a surf bar that they switched to Mexican. The food took a while to come out. I guess you need a reminder of what 90% of the country thinks Mexican cooking tastes like every once in a while. I wouldn't go for the food. Who would have thought that a place called Clancey's couldn't cook Mexican food?

No comments: