Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Los Dos Amigos, Winter Park

I had lunch today at this Mexican restaurant on 436 (strip mall) near Howell Branch (I think). I had a sopes (is one sope?) with carnitas and a soft taco al pastor. The sopes cost $4 and was fresh (soft) and piled high with pork, lettuce, salsa, crema and cheese. The pork was ok. The taco cost $2.50 and was large, The chicken was really minced and too salty. This place has been a number of things over the years. I remember a pizza joint and a Puerto Rican offering most recently. They did nothing to the layout or decor. It's signage is hard to read (small). They have another location on OBT near I4. It's a fairly typical/adequate Mexican (Guadalajara) restaurant. The "big" stuff - seafood and steak is kind of expensive. The peasant food is more fairly priced. It seats about forty. The staff seems to be one server and cook.

No comments: