Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Green Kitchen, I Drive Area

I grabbed some dinner to go at this new "healthy" Brazilian place on Kirkman (just south of I Drive) after Saiyan yesterday. I know! A Brazilian themed something or other in this area. What a novelty! I settled on a rosemary grilled chicken wrap for $10 because all but the most expensive dishes (4 at $20) were just your run of the mill (mostly American style) sandwiches. It was fine. I thought they said they had wheat bread, but, it was just a wheat wrap. There was some kind of cheese in there. A weird mozzarella or feta. It came with a side salad that was probably pulled from a big bag of factory sorted mixed greens. Fresh in any event. And that's it. The menu is salads, sandwiches, smoothies and some meals (steaks, shrimp and bacaloa). I think The Weekly called it Brazilian "Nature's Table". Is salted fish healthy? I'm not sure if it was sad or encouraging to see all those soft, jiggling Brazilian asses "trying" to be healthy. I though big butts were something to be proud of? Funny how that always seems to be a fable/defense mechanism. I suspect they probably will be as successful as their American counterparts. Who wants to guess that if you did a side by side calorie comparison that Wendy's would have less calories than these "healthy" meals. I know it is about health and not being thin. First of all - right! And second, same suspicion as to the calorie count. The place seat about sixty. It is open for L and D (except Sunday- that's their fun day. Their I don't have to run day). The interior is spartan boho chic. It feels a little under-decorated. The tables and chairs (some are mismatched) are Victorian. The black ceiling and floor with white walls makes it seem like you are eating in an ice cream sandwich. There is a tree mural on one wall (the other half is stark white void). You order at a counter. I wasn't expecting much and it delivered on that. At least it wasn't all vegetarian like I feared. Not bad, but, not special. It was pretty crowded though. I'm not sure if that was just lazy people from the office building that it is connected to. I believe they have only been open for a short time.

No comments: