Friday, November 4, 2016

Domu, Audubon Park

Congratulations Domu! You are entry number 1000 in this lunatic's personal Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives (and everything in between). Can you believe I have wasted your and my time and my money at over 1000 (alot of these entries were crawls) places around town. Who would believe there are/were that many places. Oops. Subtract some for tutorials and games and events. Any way. Back to work.

I went here today after DoveCote. I heard they just replaced Txokos at the East End Market on Corrine and I was still hungry. It's (what is becoming too ubiquitous) a noodle bowl place. A Japanese one, if that makes it a little more esoteric. I had a tuna don bowl for $12. I'm not really sure what the diff is between tuna kobashi and tuna don, but I like both even if they are the same thing. The tuna was fresh. Ahi. The rice was fresh. I think the difference between a don and kobashi may be that "the don's" rice is warm. I didn't love that the rice was slowly cooking my tuna as I ate. However, it is a minor criticism. They also had other rice bowls and noodle bowls. A small menu. About five of each. They have done nothing much to the space. Maybe they took down some decorations. Now there are none. It was pretty full for a post-lunch time slot. Service was good. The crowd was half Asian and have Anglo. Young. They have been open for two weeks. It means "dome".

*The areas two other new additions (Bem Bom and Kadence) look like they are months away from opening.

No comments: