Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Bear and Peacock Brewery, Winter Park

I couldn't bring myself to do downtown on Saturday night, so, I drove by to see if these guys had finally opened. They were slated to open in early summer. Thankfully there were. Just recently. I had a glass of red because I had already started with wine and their beer isn't ready yet. They are crafting their own beer to go along with the spirits that the owners (Winter Park Distilling Co) are now distilling next door. The wine was fine. One of six or so options. It cost $9 for a heaping glass. They also have a few draft options from other brewers. The place looks cool. It was an old repair shop of which they salvaged much of the original elements. It's sleek now. You can see the crafting area. It was pretty empty, but, that should change. The floor plan was pretty open. A mingling spot. They had the Series and college football on the tube. I chatted with the owner (and his friend). He seemed like a guy you would root for. It is next to where The Ravenous Pig is (will not be in soon). I will have to go back. Parking may be an issue.

No comments: