Tuesday, November 1, 2016

DeVine Bar and Grill, Oviedo - Closed

I popped in here Saturday night to check things out. The menu seemed interesting (beef tartare, poutine, etc), but, I wasn't hungry. The other attraction is their "self serve" wine system. I believe I have tried three other wine bars in CF with this set up (the one DT failed and I am not sure about the status of the one in the WP shopping area on Orlando Ave). It is smaller than the Wine Room in WP. Half the price though. Twenty dollars (plus $3 for the card) allowed me to sample thirteen vintages. I believe the size I chose was 2 oz. That was the smallest of the three sizes. Most of the selections were at a buck and half (give or take a quarter). The selections were good too. About fourteen reds and fourteen whites. From all over. A vast spectrum. Little overlap. The place looks sharp. Upscale accessible. The main area has some booths with the middle relegated to high tops. Then there is a bar with seating. And an upstairs room that was hosting a private party. It was pretty empty for a Halloween party night. They had the FSU Clemson game and the Series on the TVs. Not a bad place. It is kind of misplaced in that shopping area on Alafaya Woods Blvd near Red Bug Lake Rd. Good value and maybe good food. They have been open a couple of months. They open at 3pm.

No comments: