Sunday, December 4, 2016

GB Bottle Shop & Tasting Bar, Lake Ivanhoe Area

I had a beer last night at this "bottle shop and tasting bar" after I learned that the taco place I had intended to patronize near by is not yet open (even though I swear I did some version of a Google search that I can't now duplicate and they said that address was open for business). They are on Virginia near The Hideaway (train tracks). They are part of the Gnarly Barley family. I noticed them a few weeks ago while searching for another "new" place that is evidently way behind schedule (Grape and Grain - now Spring of '17). It was more popular and more of a bar than I expected. They said there was a bar crawl going on, so, maybe I hit them during an anomaly. The place looks new. They have a refrigerated area on the side wall that holds the wares. Half of it is exposed via glass doors to the public. You pick a bottle and take it home or pay a $2 and up "corking" charge and drink it there. Even with the charge, the price is equivalent to what you would normally pay at a bar. In front of the other half of the refrigerated area is the bar and the draft nozzles. They can open a section on the other side of the bar for fresh air. I think there were seats out there as well. They also serve wine (only by the bottle I think). I think they said they opened in July. Maybe later. Not bad. Not much. It is what they say it is. *Side note - why are all the places that never open on time great at inundating us with PR and the ones that open on time fall under the radar?

No comments: