Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Habit Burger Grill, Mall at Millenia Area

I've been trying to knock this one of the list for months but they never opened. I got my chance yesterday. I was looking to knock off another irritant (some steak and pizza place), but, they seemed to have already shuttered. I tried here and they had just opened the day before. It is chain from Santa Barbara. Based on the cheese burger I had, I don't see how they ever evolved as a chain. Although, the company I am going to compare them to evolved. The burger they sell is similar to a Hardee's/Carl's Jr burger. A salisbury steak/meatloaf like sponge. And like those places, they think it is worth north of $4 (cheese is extra). Now I was expecting at least a level of quality to match Shake Shack or Burger Fi. Especially when they also offer tuna filets, tri tip and tempura green beans. That is not the case. Maybe those other items are better. They can't hold In & Out's or Freddy's jock burger wise.  I also had fries. They are half way between shoe string and home fries. The half that were properly fried were good. The best part of the combo I bought for $8. The rest of the menu is chicken and salads. They are in the shopping plaza with the Target (Millenia Plaza Way) near the Zoe's and the Chipotle. It won't become a habit.

No comments: