Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Grub Crawl - Winter Park: Little Blue Donut Co (Closed) and Moonlight Pizza

I tried to knock these two out on my way to Sugar Sow. Sugar Sow is still not open although I think the web says it is. The first is in the old Scratch location on Fairbanks near Rollins. The second is in the location next to a 7-11 (Temple Rd?) that recently had an Indian restaurant on Howell Branch Rd.

Little Blue Donut Co - They opened last week. They serve around 18 types of fancy donuts. I tried a Peanut and Sriracha for $2.82. It was ok. Maybe the other type of donut (like in a frosted) would work better. This was the crumbly kind. Old timey. And it was possibly over peanuted and peanut buttered and hot sauced. Very substantial. Not always good with strong elements. The place looks cute. They have banquettes (I think that's what they call them) against the left wall. The counter is on the right. It has a rococo feel. They also serve coffee.

Moonlight Pizza - Everything is the same as the Indian restaurant except for some wine iconography. I just grabbed a slice for $3. It was tiny. The crust was dense and over floured. The cheese was cheap and abundant. I can't remember a sauce. Salty. However, it wasn't terrible. I must have been hungry. They also have a full menu. It seats about eighty. It was empty except for one diner. I think they said they opened three months ago.

No comments: