Monday, August 20, 2018

Off the Hook, Ponce Inlet

I went to this new location on Thursday for lunch. I went to the one in NSB and found it ordinary. To tell you the truth, if I knew it was another "Hook" I wouldn't have come. I was under the impression it was to be another place. It is the last (in this area) from the Sentinel article I have referred to in past posts. It was to open a year ago. I tried it last summer and it wasn't ready and then the hurricane pushed it back even farther. They opened in January. I liked it it. It looks sharp. Very modern. Light decor. Some kitschy things like deep sea fishing boat seats. Inter-cosatal view. Lots of windows. A large deck. I think it had boat tie ups. I had the clams at $15 and a half pound of crawfish. I believe they called the clams Cedar Creek. I have seen them called out before, so, I should be more familiar with them. They were served in a sherry wine broth. Mostly overcooked. A few soft ones. The broth probably hadn't had the sherry cooked out of it. Too much of it. The dipping bread was a lazy choice. Poor, mass manufactured quality. It needs better bread if you call it out. The broth also has to be "soup" worthy. Somehow I was ok with the dish however. Maybe it was the salt air. Similar story with the mud bugs. Probably frozen. Mostly tough. Over seasoned with Old Bay.  I usually don't do butter, but, they glazed them with it and it helped. Service was fine. I'm sure it doesn't seem to add up, but, I think I like this place the best over all the others in this area. The menu was interesting and the venue is appealing. Way better than the strip mall it's sister location is in.

No comments: