Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Pearson's Cafe, NoDo - Closed

I grabbed "dinner" to go at this deli on North Orange. I reported back from here when it was another deli. They have been open for two years. I tried a Chicken parm sandwich for what appears to $9 on my receipt. It was a special. It was ok. Not really Italian. It had the wrong bread. The chicken wasn't pounded and tasted of rosemary. They have a catering company, so, I hope this wasn't a repurposed left over. Small portion. They serve a variety of sandwiches, soups,salads and breakfast items. It looks clean. They have a private room (of all things) in back. It's near that tequila place. Wasn't expecting much. Didn't receive much. I was only down there because I though there was a donut shop at the intersection of 50 and Orange. It's a record store.

*They seem to be replacing North Quarter Tavern with City Pub. If a a similar concept with great food failed, why would someone try the same thing again? Make sure you add something to the mix. And I think a bar is opening a few doors down too. You can never tell if it's legit or landlord marketing.

No comments: