Friday, February 8, 2019

Grub Crawl - Lake Mary: Currito and Nothing Bundt Cakes

I went to these two new businesses on International Parkway today at lunch. They are in that new strip mall that I have been reporting on lately.

Currito - I had a regular (that is the largest) classic burrito with chicken for $9. I think Chipotle is overpriced and they toss in a soda at this price. Other places toss in chips. It was a lousy burrito at that. 90% rice. The hot sauce was creamy and I believe it was the source of the off putting dish water flavor. I think there is more chicken in a $1 Taco Bell chicken burrito. It was thigh meat too. The soda ($2) cup was a half sizer. They also do bowls, salads and smoothies. All the things women throw their money away on. I would wager that that is their demographic. 90% of the customers were female (or could have identified as such) or people they seemingly dragged there. I can hardly call this a Mexican place since they serve tikka, buffalo, teriyaki, etc burritos. It's a 21st century trash up. The place is modern and clean. White washed. They have opened just recently. A chain from Ohio. I would never go back. Then again, I doubt they'd want me back. I have a Y chromosome. Now that my currit-osity is satisfied, I find it not be a curr-all. Oh-curr! BTW isn't that what Madea (I've never seen a movie) says? Why does that Mini Minaj a Twat get the credit? Not that there should be any.

Nothing Bundt Cakes - I used a coupon (my revenge for stuffing my mail box with junk mail) on a free cake. Praline pecan. It was fine. Too much icing. I think I already reviewed another location a while ago. They sell individual bundt cakes. They deliver what they promise. I'm sure all the "vegans" calorie counting at Currito will make a pilgrimage over here on their way back to work and then claim "I just look at food and I gain weight!"

*3/4/19 - I went back to Currito with a two for one burrito coupon they sent me and made my own concoction. Both helped the cause. I'll pop in every time they send another "feeler". That makes the transaction less onerous.

No comments: