Sunday, February 3, 2019

Grub Crawl - Thornton Park: Big Time Street Food Co (Closed) and Greenery Creamery

I tried these places on Friday night. The first is next to Burton's on East Washington. The second is below a condo apartment building on East Church. They were described to me as being downtown. They are really in Thornton Park.

Big Time Street Food Co - A nocturnal snack food spot. I grabbed a Holy Fried Chicken Sandwich because I wasn't hungry and the menu was nothing I haven't seen before. The sandwich was very large. Twice as large a Chick Fila. It was made of thigh meat. Some like it better than breast meat. Not I. It always has a weird top layer that you can't bite through. This was a good sandwich though. Nice crust. Pickles and a gochu (spicy) mayo sauce. It cost $8. They have three burgers (from $6-$8). A cheese steak ($10). Cubano ($9). Hot dog ($6). Four wraps ($9-$10). 2 fries ($9-$10). 5 snacks ($7-$10). As you can see, I chose the most fairly priced item. A small bottle of Coke was $3. It's a small place. Some seats at the window. Two man crew. Nothing new going on here. They have been open for seven months. Open from 4 pm until midnight during the week. 2am on Friday. Noon until 2am on Saturday. Noon until 10pm on Sunday. Parking is scarce.

Greenery Creamery - Half the ice cream is vegan (coconut water). Half normal. I had the vanilla with olive oil solo for $4.25. Didn't taste the oil. The ice cream melted into milk. I'm not sure if that is a sign of quality or not. Around twenty flavors. Nothing noteworthy here. Parking is less than scarce. I think they opened this past summer.

*Walking around it seems like the place at the train depot closed. A few places opened across from the courthouse. A coffee place opened at that large building on East Washington near Lake Eola.. A "bar" on the same street on the corner by the band shell. I passed an axe throwing place on Robinson. I think it was called Epic Axe Throwing. It was packed.

No comments: