Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Fresh Kitchen, SoDo

I stopped by this Florida based healthy food franchise near the Michigan and South Orange intersection south of downtown eight days ago at lunch. I was thoroughly expecting to insert a "u" and a "c" to their FK trademark. It was actually pretty good. It's just bowls or salads, but, the components were good. And there always seems to be a line. They have another location near UCF at the Waterford Lakes shopping center. I had a kids rice bowl with almond incrusted chicken. It cost $7. I tried (from four or five infusions) pesto rice and broccoli (from four or five sides) and the chicken (two tenderloins). All were good. I believe the chicken was baked. I guess that is good if you can't tell if it was fried or not. The broccoli was crisp/fresh. The rice was tasty. Properly cooked and fresh. I also had to choose a sauce. I chose an Italian dressing if I recall correctly and it was served on the side. I chose to keep it out of the mix (already flavored) and just dip the chicken in it. Like I said, the menu is pretty concise. You order and compose your dish on an assembly line. The place looks "fast food" modern. Clean. It's a little bit of a bitch to access because of traffic and some road construction. Good value. They opened a few months ago. Maybe last Fall?

No comments: